Engenicom now have a new website, please go to http://www.engenicom.com.au/
Compliance with Australian Standards and Legislation is compulsory for owners, operators and maintainers of rail infrastructure. Engenicom’s Rail Consultants come with the expertise to manage the complex safety and regulatory issues associated with the rail operations at your site.
Regulatory compliance is achieved through –
Consult with stakeholders, identify and assess risks (so far as is reasonably practicable) and prepare interface agreements to manage these risks.
Interfacing parties include -
- Adjoining accredited track owners
- Owners of roads that have an interface with your railway (level crossing or bridge)
Railway Compliance Auditing
Owners, operators and maintainers of railways are audited for compliance with -
- Relevant State Network Rules and Procedures
- Rail Safety Act
- OHS Act
- AS 4292 (Australian Standard for Railway Safety Management)
- Safe Work Method Statements, JSA’s etc
- Project and Safety Management Plans
- Safety Management Systems
Comprehensive reports are generated providing positive and negative feedback emerging from the above activities.
Risk and Safety management is achieved through –
Rail Regulations and Legislation require a risk management approach be taken when considering objectives. Our expertise assists in identification and management of the risks inherent with rail operations, so far as is reasonably practicable.
Our risk management process includes -
- Methodology compliant with AS4360, adapted to suit the rail environment
- A catalogue of generic risks applicable to rail operations, to assist in risk identification
- A risk register for your rail operation
- A robust change management process
Incident Management and Investigation
Engenicom have the expertise to make the incident site safe and conduct an independent investigation of the incident consistent with AS4292.7. A comprehensive investigation report is provided to you complete with recommendations for safety actions.
Engenicom’s specialist rail operations personnel are experienced in the provision of operational rail modelling services.
Our team use the “Open Track” program to perform professional and independent rail network capacity modelling and timetable simulation.
The software is unique in that is capable of:
- Determining a networks theoretical and practical capacity
- Project staging and construction impacts
- Project feasibility, concept and detailed design
- Headway analysis
- Train haulage capabilities
In addition to our rail modelling capabilities, Engenicom can also assist in providing specialist operational advice, operational signalling input and stakeholder management services.